If you purchase the HARDCOVER edition of JANE EYRE, we will stamp in gold leaf the initials or name of your choice (up to 20 characters, including spaces) on the front of the book in order to personalize the classic for your library collection.
So how does it work?
- Order the book. During check-out, add the initials/name you want embossed on the front of the book by writing "CHOSEN TEXT: [Initials/name]" For instance, if you picked "Fido the Dog," you would write "CHOSEN TEXT: Fido the Dog." (That's 12 characters—10 letters and 2 spaces!)
- Choose your preferred shipping method.
- Stock up on coffee and wait for your book delivery! Note that because we hand-emboss all titles, the book may take up to a couple of weeks to arrive.
Looking just to read the text of JANE EYRE? Choose the ebook version, which is and will always be free! We offer a formatted ebook of JANE EYRE for the ereader of your choice. Select:
- .mobi files for Amazon
- .epub files for Nook, Apple, Kobo, and other ereaders
- .pdf if you just want to peruse on your computer, NBD
10-year-old Jane Eyre is isolated, unloved, and mistreated--orphaned at a young age, she lives with her aunt Mrs. Reed and three cousins, all of whom make sure to constantly remind Jane Eyre of her inferior position in their home. When Jane finally sticks up for herself against her abusive cousin John Reed, Mrs. Reed responds by locking her in the Red Room, the spooky place where Jane's uncle passed away. From there, Jane is sent on to yet another more desolate spot: the Lowood Institution, for orphaned and impoverished girls.
When Jane reaches adulthood, she decides to strike out on her own, and advertises her services as a governess. This decision is what brings Jane to Thornfield Hall: a beautiful estate that contains a secretive staff, a barrage of strange events, and an enigmatic and impassioned master. From here, Jane's spirit and heart are tested, in ways that will plunge her into the depths of despair and offer--just possibly--a kind of happiness that the young orphan Jane Eyre hardly ever dared to dream of.
JANE EYRE is the first gothic novel in the Green Collection, Greenleaf & Plympton's inaugural collection of five classic gothics. The novels in this collection include:
- JANE EYRE by Charlotte Brontë
- THE TURN OF THE SCREW by Henry James
- THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas
- NORTHANGER ABBEY by Jane Austen
- THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle