If you purchase the HARDCOVER edition of NORTHANGER ABBEY, we will stamp in gold leaf the initials or name of your choice (up to 20 characters) on the front of the book in order to personalize the classic for your library collection.
So how does it work?
- Order the book. During check-out, add the initials/name you want embossed on the front of the book by writing "CHOSEN TEXT: [Initials/name]" For instance, if you picked "Fido the Dog," you would write "CHOSEN TEXT: Fido the Dog." (That's 12 characters—10 letters and 2 spaces!)
- Choose your preferred shipping method.
- Stock up on coffee and wait for your book delivery! Note that because we hand-emboss all titles, the book may take up to a couple of weeks to arrive.
Looking just to read the text of NORTHANGER ABBEY? Choose the ebook version, which is and will always be free! We offer a formatted ebook of NORTHANGER ABBEY for the ereader of your choice. Select:
- .mobi files for Amazon
- .epub files for Nook, Apple, Kobo, and other ereaders
- .pdf if you just want to peruse on your computer, NBD
17-year-old Catherine Morland, reader of classic gothic novels and romance heroine wannabe, is given the opportunity of a lifetime when her rich neighbors invite her to travel with them to Bath. There, Catherine dances with a charming young man, befriends a bewitching young woman, and soon secures an invitation to a mysterious and enchanting (or so Catherine fancies it must be!) abbey, owned by the family of that charming young man.
Once at the abbey, Catherine encounters a mysterious chest, a strange story of a deceased wife, and a stoic and capricious master. But are these indeed signs that Catherine has stepped into her own gothic novel? Or are there other explanations for such oddities—explanations that, if confronted, could lead Catherine's life in another direction entirely?
NORTHANGER ABBEY is the fourth gothic novel in the Green Collection, Greenleaf & Plympton's inaugural collection of five classic gothics. The novels in this collection include:
- JANE EYRE by Charlotte Brontë
- THE TURNING OF THE SCREW by Henry James
- THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas
- NORTHANGER ABBEY by Jane Austen
- THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle