The Count of Monte Cristo
If you purchase the HARDCOVER edition of THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO, we will stamp in gold leaf the initials or name of your choice (up to 20 characters) on the front of the book in order to personalize the classic for your library collection.
So how does it work?
- Order the book. During check-out, add the initials/name you want embossed on the front of the book by writing "CHOSEN TEXT: [Initials/name]" For instance, if you picked "Fido the Dog," you would write "CHOSEN TEXT: Fido the Dog." (That's 12 characters—10 letters and 2 spaces!)
- Choose your preferred shipping method.
- Stock up on coffee and wait for your book delivery! Note that because we hand-emboss all titles, the book may take up to a couple of weeks to arrive.
Looking just to read the text of THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO? Choose the ebook version, which is and will always be free! We offer a formatted ebook of THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO for the ereader of your choice. Select:
- .mobi files for Amazon
- .epub files for Nook, Apple, Kobo, and other ereaders
- .pdf if you just want to peruse on your computer, NBD
Edmond Dantès is young, ambitious, and favored by providence: the benevolent shipowner, M. Morrel, has just promoted Edmond to captain. Edmond's success means that he can both support his ailing father and marry his faithful fiancé, Mercédès, and share with them the good fortune bestowed on him.
But when a jealous lover, a treacherous colleague, and a cowardly neighbor conspire to frame Edmond for political treason, he is snatched from Mercédès on their wedding day and sent to a remote prison island. An ambitious judge promises to help him, but instead betrays Edmond to cover up a family secret.
As years roll by, Edmond cycles between despair, ennui, and anger. No one tells him for what crime he remains in prison; he is denied a trial and any chance to face his accusers. But when Edmond meets a mad abbé, with clever plans to escape and a dubious claim about a hidden treasure, Edmond finds the means by which to reclaim his freedom and his life--and seek revenge on those who wronged him.
THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO is the third gothic novel in the Green Collection, Greenleaf & Plympton's inaugural collection of five classic gothics. The novels in this collection include:
- JANE EYRE by Charlotte Brontë
- THE TURN OF THE SCREW by Henry James
- THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas
- NORTHANGER ABBEY by Jane Austen
- THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle