The Hound of the Baskervilles
If you purchase the HARDCOVER edition of THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES, we will stamp in gold leaf the initials or name of your choice (up to 20 characters) on the front of the book in order to personalize the classic for your library collection.
So how does it work?
- Order the book. During check-out, add the initials/name you want embossed on the front of the book by writing "CHOSEN TEXT: [Initials/name]" For instance, if you picked "Fido the Dog," you would write "CHOSEN TEXT: Fido the Dog." (That's 12 characters—10 letters and 2 spaces!)
- Choose your preferred shipping method.
- Stock up on coffee and wait for your book delivery! Note that because we hand-emboss all titles, the book may take up to a couple of weeks to arrive.
Looking just to read the text of THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES? Choose the ebook version, which is and will always be free! We offer a formatted ebook of THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES for the ereader of your choice. Select:
- .mobi files for Amazon
- .epub files for Nook, Apple, Kobo, and other ereaders
- .pdf if you just want to peruse on your computer, NBD
On a desolate, fog-filled moor, someone—or something—is murdering the Baskerville heirs.
So says Dr. Mortimer, a country practitioner who appeals to Dr. Watson and Detective Sherlock Holmes for help. Most recently, Sir Charles Baskerville was found dead from fright on a tree-strewn path outside his ancestral home, with the print of a large dog nearby.
Complicating the mystery is an ancient legend about the Baskervilles that Dr. Mortimer shares with Holmes and Watson: as the story goes, a fiendish hound hunted down one Hugo Baskerville generations before as retribution for Hugo's dastardly crimes against a neighboring girl.
Now, Sir Henry, the newest heir to the estate, is set to travel from London to Devonshire to take over his ancestral home. A mysterious letter warns him to remain put. A puzzled but delighted Holmes declares it one of the most intriguing puzzles he's had the pleasure of coming across. The question remains: is it indeed a supernatural beast that haunts the Baskerville heirs—or is something even more sinister out for their blood?
THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES is the fifth gothic novel in the Green Collection, Greenleaf & Plympton's inaugural collection of five classic gothics. The novels in this collection include:
- JANE EYRE by Charlotte Brontë
- THE TURN OF THE SCREW by Henry James
- THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas
- NORTHANGER ABBEY by Jane Austen
- THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle